The Russian Compliance Alliance www.compliancealliance.ru is an online self-evaluation questionnaire which covers the requirements of the American Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act, Russian legislation, etc.
- Education: educate companies about global legal principles;
- Due diligence: provide a standard to protect participating multinationals against third party liability under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act;
- Audit: provide a compliance certification tool
- Standardization: improve efficiency of the due diligence process by providing a centralized information source.
- Multilingual capability. (Current languages are English and Russian.)
- Anonymity. No identifying information is required. Participants will be provided with a private URL address.
- Registration. Participants have the option of putting their names in a registry; this information will not be connected to their answers, but can indicate to prospective customers that they have taken the survey.
- Scoring: The questions are weighted by importance and scores are provided for each topic and for the questionnaire overall.
- Benchmarking: This will be available when enough data is accumulated.
This model was developed based on input from Russian compliance officers, primarily from multinational corporations; and Western and Russian lawyers. Click here to see our network of interested organizations.
The pilot was introduced in July 2014; pilot companies were ABB, Coca Cola, Glaxo Smith Kline, and Pfizer. The introduction was stalled by concurrent political events in Crimea and the Ukraine.
This is a non-commercial initiative. We are happy to discuss customizing it for any interested organization, e.g., logo, URL, language.